Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Welcome to the Sonic Cathedral


I know I've mentioned it a couple of times on this blog already, but heck, here's another. What with the 'shoegazing revival' in full swing, it's appropriate . And it's a bit of an odd one too. A club that you can't really dance at. More like sway gently. Or nod. Or look at the floor a bit. Yep, it's London's first, but surely not last, club dedicated to everything early 90s layered guitar and slightly ethereal, and other music of this ilk. I went to Sonic Cathedral for the first time for the Fields / iLiKETRAiNS gig the other week. And guess what? Although busting some moves wasn't really on the cards, there were some top tunes played. Maybe it's just about hearing fine music. Stuff that if you're my age, you'll say, “Oh, I remember that!” or if you're not, you'll probably like anyway. Here's a few I can remember.


Download: Spiritualized – Electricity

Download: My Bloody Valentine – Soon (Andrew Weatherall remix)
Download: New Order – Everything's Gone Green
Download: Galaxie 500 – Ceremony (live)

You can be Sonic Cathedral's friend too, y'know.


1 comment:

jhames said...

Hi. Laugh and roll your eyes all you like at what will be a pitiful plea, but please please please please please please Sweet Merciful Baby Jesus PLEASE could you re-post the Andrew Weatherall remix of "Soon"? Or would you be so kind as to e-mail it to me? I'd be more than happy to... uh, you like children? I can find a local child and mail you one.

jhames at ya? hoo! dot com

Please.