Friday, September 01, 2006

The Daily Growl belated Carnival soundclash


I've not been to the Notting Hill Carnival for a couple of years. So I was all up for going this year, then I only went and broke my toe a couple of weeks ago. It's still not quite right, and after having someone almost stamp on it at The Legion last week, I figured that I wouldn't risk getting it trampled on by the crazy crush at the Carnival. So I stayed at home and listened to reggae.

I actually meant to do this post on Monday, but y'know, one thing and another, and here it is on Friday. From my kitchen carnival soundtrack, here are a few tunes...

Download: Toots & the Maytals – Night and Day
Download: Lloyd Robinson – Cuss Cuss
Download: Toots & the Maytals – Funky Kingston
Download: The Upsetters – Live Injection
Download: Bongo Herman – Chairman of the Board
Download: The Cimarons – We Are Not the Same
Download: Morgan Heritage & Bounty Killer – Guns in the Ghetto
Download: Tiger Ranks – Party Wit Me
Download: Tenor Saw & Buju Banton - Ring the Alarm


These tracks are taken from the amazing Dynamite! Series on Soul Jazz Records. Mainly 100% , 200% , 400% and 500%. Click the links to buy.


Pic taken from aiaichristmas' photostream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great tunes