Thursday, August 09, 2007

Good magazine, great festival. Bonus!


I don’t really read much music magazines these days, because I get pretty much all I need from the internet. But yesterday I bought Plan B magazine for the first time. I’ve seen it around, but never actually parted with hard cash for it until now. And I’m happy to say it’s very good. With big features on MIA, Super Furry Animals, Marnie Stern and Dirty Projectors, plus heaps of other decent features and reviews (including one of Strawberry Jam), it’s a winning combination.

The other reason to buy it is the ace covermount CD, done in partnership with the End of the Road Festival. Unsurprisingly it has songs (16 in all) from artists who are going to be appearing at the festival (including Micah P Hinson who has unfortunately since cancelled). Here are a couple of them to whet your appetite, before you buy.


Download: Jens Lekman – Friday Night at the Drive-in Bingo
Download: Malcolm Middleton – Stay Close at Night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you've discovered this fantastic publication. They've been giving away CDs in conjunction with several festivals (ATP, Green Man...) for the past few issues now. Long may it continue, says I, even if there's no summer left.

The Daily Growl said...

Yeah - I might even buy the next one...