Friday, August 31, 2007

Bits 'n' bobs


EOTR goodness

The big news of the day (or yesterday) is that the full line-up and stage times have been announced for the End of the Road Festival! They’re on the website, but I’ve had a bit of a slack day at work, so over lunch I’ve compiled them into a nice table for easy reference. No real major clashes that I can see so far, at least none that I’ll have much difficulty with. But there is the James Yorkston – Jens Lekman – Nancy Elizabeth clash. Wonder what I should do there? I'm very excited - only two weeks now!

Play as you read

Regular readers, have you noticed a new feature on The Daily Growl? It’s there at the end of every mp3 link. A little symbol shaped like a loud-hailer. What it is, is a nifty little device called 1-bit audio player, which was developed by Mark Wheeler. Just click on it and you can listen to the track without having to download first. Good – eh?

More radio fun

Radio sessions – I’ve got loads! They’ve been accumulating over the past few days, so over the next week, I’m going to bring you these plus some old ones I’ve had stashed away for a while. So we’ll have live sessions from:

Liz Green!
Super Furry Animals!
Mum!
Eugene McGuinness!
Nancy Elizabeth!
Two Gallants!
The Young Republic!
Peggy Sue and the Pirates!

And maybe some others, including a couple of amusing cover versions from so-hot-right-now bands Cajun Dance Party and Foals.

Onwards and upwards…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for peggy sue and the pirates! make that one soon!

Anonymous said...

Young Republic please :)