Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Medicine for the February blues

As I curled up at home with stomach pains yesterday, three things kept me sane/amused through the afflication. All film-related:

1. New York, New York on DVD. Scorsese's attempt at the classic MGM musical, which apparently was slated by the critics at the time. But why? It's great! A excellent combination of the big-band musical with the distinctly un-musical theme of a troubled marriage, complete with wince-inducingly painful rows. Brillantly played by Liza Minelli and De Niro as the leads, and the music is to die for! A great way to forget about the pain for 3 hours.


2. The Whole Equation by David Thomson. It is what it says on the cover. This is shaping up to be a fine read...









3. 'Brokeback to the Future' - another of these great spoof trailers, the like of which I blogged on back in November. This is so worth a watch - via the Time Out Movie Blog (which I've only just discovered - shame on me).

No comments: