Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I'd like to thank....

I have to admit it. As much as I like to talk down Hollywood and mainstream movie crap, I'm a sucker for awards ceremonies like the Oscars and the Golden Globes, even if the best movies, directors and actors always lose out to inferior ones. But not always. It's always a joy to see quality shining through the dreck, like at the Golden Globes yesterday.

Mind you, I'm going on a lot of assumptions here, especially since I've unbelievably still to see Brokeback Mountain (damn you, dodgy kitchen sink!) and some of the other big winners have yet to be released in the UK. But I was just really pleased to see personal favourites like Ang Lee, who's been consistently good for so long, get major recognition. And I've no idea if Capote is any good, but it's great to see Philip Seymour Hoffman getting a major award. Now I can't wait for Walk the Line to come out here - even more...

Full list of winners here.

No comments: