Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Elvis Perkins in Dearland @ The Luminaire, 28 May 2007


I'm writing a review of this Elvis Perkins gig for another website, so hopefully a link should appear soon. Suffice to say that it was a great gig, with all that I loved from his Willy Mason support slot the other week, and even more. Support act Jaymay was alright too.

Instead of words, here are some pictures. You can see more at my Flickr.





And of course the obligatory mp3s. The fine b-side to All The Night Without Love, and a live track from an Elvis and Dearland gig in LA in March. I was pleased to find this whole set on the Cherbonsy blog, particularly as there are a few new songs on here, that just aren't available anywhere else at the moment. Sounds like Elvis might have another album's worths of songs ready to go even before his debut is released here!

Download: Elvis Perkins - The Dumps
Download: Elvis Perkins in Dearland - Doomsday

Order Ash Wednesday. Can't wait till July? Go here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best show I have seen in years. I am still listening to Ash Wednesday on repeat. If you do one thing this summer, go to an Elvis Perkins in Dearland show. Poetic, playful, heart wrenching and marching drum stomping -- blew me away.

My only regret is that the Luminaire show may be the last opportunity I will have to see these guys headlining in such a small space. (Unfortunately, I won't be in London for the July 11 show.)

Also, I bought the album off US Itunes (cheaper in dollars than pounds too!)