Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The best of April

Gosh, is it that time already? Oh well, late as usual, here are my picks of April.

Album of the month

Calexico – Garden Ruin

Download: Calexico - Cruel

I don’t seem to have bought that many albums this month, so I’m going for Calexico’s cracking latest. Their brilliant gig at the 100 Club no doubt helps this into first place.


Songs of the month

1. Primal Scream – Country Girl

Like I said, a stunning return to form

2. Camera Obscura – Lloyd, I’m Ready to be Heartbroken

Great title, and another great return from another fine Scottish band

3. Black Mountain – No Satisfaction

Not all the tunes on my ‘best ofs’ are new. This is from last year, but I’ve just discovered them. Black Mountain - what an album! Why did I not get wise to them before?

4. The Flaming Lips – The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song

By far the catchiest tune on At War With The Mystics, so that’s why it’s been going round in my head all month, while I’m working on the rest of the album

5. Rogers Sisters – Your Littlest World

Dark, brooding and very lovely


By the way, this is my 100th post! Does that make me an old-timer? Should I celebrate?

By the way, the above Drury Lane pic and more by me and other people are at The Way We See It.

No comments: