Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas is coming...


It's December. Christmas is coming. I can't avoid it. So I bit the bullet and did a centre-of-town blitz on Saturday afternoon. It was quite successful, and was made more satisfying by my visit to Santa's Ghetto. For those who don't know it, Santa's Ghetto is a yearly thing, where a load of 'street artists' from the very famous (Banksy) to the much lesser-known take over an empty shop in the centre of town, and show their work, sell prints, and generally poke fun at the rampant spendfest that is Xmas. Whilst selling stuff, of course. Being right on Oxford Street, this is the most high-profile one yet, so much so that there are bouncers on the door.

Here are some of my ropey cameraphone pictures.



The above one is Banksy's contribution (well, part of it)


For better pics, check out doc 18's Flickr photostream.

There'll probably be less posts than usual from me over the next few days, as I get round to working out my top albums, songs and artists of 2006. I'll probably do a top 20 of each, each in two chunks of 10.

In the meantime, others have done their lists, or are working through them. Gorilla vs. Bear and Chromewaves have done theirs. On this side of the Atlantic, Sweeping the Nation has started the long countdown, and Yer Mam! is working through the also-rans.

And the mother of all end of year lists, the Rough Trade Shops one, has just come out. Here was me thinking I could get mine done without being unduly influenced by them. Now I'll try not to be, but not before I dig out that Jenny Lewis album again...

3 comments:

lewis Chaplin said...

i was here on sat afternoon too! i won the postcard pack on that hoop-toss thing.

and keep up the blogging, i enjoy your music!

The Daily Growl said...

Ha! Lucky you! I completely failed to hoope anything. It was harder than it looked...

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa